Friday, November 25, 2011

Coastal Scents Haul #2

So while I'm editing my first ever tutorial video (woo!) I thought I'd do a short haul post for you all.

I recently bought some more stuff from Coastal Scents... my favourite place for purchasing makeup! They had a massive Halloween sale so I got quite a good discount. They also recently did a Thanks Giving sale and they usually have some pretty good sales around Christmas so keep an eye out for that at www.coastalscents.com


My parcel... with a little dent but nothing major

All packaged nicely and wrapped in paper and bubble wrap. I have not once had an item arrive broken :)



The three palettes I ordered; Camouflage concealer palette, Creative Me #1 eyeshadow palette and 10 Blush palette

How cute is the box for the Camouflage palette?! I totally want a chameleon :D

I love this because I can mix the colours together to make the perfect shade, no matter how tan or pale I go between the seasons.


Sunless body art Bronzer in Dark. My skin is actually fair to med depending on my tan but I get sick of wish-washy bronzers that you have to build up so much before you get any colour!!



They package the smaller items in a cute organza bag!

I LOVE CS brushes! They are such good quality and so cheap! From top to bottom they are: Pink synthetic Oval Foundation, Destiny eyeliner Superfine, Chisel fluff/Pointed crease duet, Black Crease brush, Angled brow define, Pink synthetic Oval Concealer and Pro Blending Fluff brush.


Shadow Worx Matte Primer, Bright Eyed in medium and Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Bright eyes under eye concealer in medium. This has a really nice consistency and covers really well but its soooo dark on me. I totally picked the wrong colour!


You can see it here next to where I swatched the bronzer. You can't tell from the picture but it is SO dark for my skin! Its quite orange too. :( ow

Shadow Worx matte eyeshadow primer. I really like this! It looks pale pink when it comes out the tube but it applies clear. It actually feels quite oily when you apply but it dries matte and smooth.


It really helps to keep concealer on too! I also use this over concealer before I put on a cream or powder shadow to help it stay on longer.


10 colour Blush palette with flash

And without flash

SWATCHESSSSS!! :D

With flash

Without flash
So this is the top row from left to right, as pictured in the palette above


And the bottom row



The next thing I got was the Creative Me #1 palette. I have wanted this for AGES because I love to use really bright happy colours!






Top row, hot pot colours from left to right are: CM001, CM002, CM003, CM004 they can be found on the coastal scents website here: http://www.coastalscents.com/makeup/palettes/eye-palettes/pl-040.html

Colours are swatched over an NYX jumbo pencil in Milk. The white cream base really helps the shadows to stick. I had to literally scrub my arm to get them off!

Second row. Hot pot colours from left to right are: CM007, CM008, CM006, CM005

Hot pot colours from left to right are: (Note they are shown in reverse order to the picture of the palette above) CM009, CM010, CM011, CM012

I love how vibrant these colours are! They look fantastic and really brighten up your eyes and get attention. I've gotten so many compliments on my eye makeup since I've been using this palette :)
 Anyway I've got to go start getting ready for work, and hopefully film another tutorial! Thanks for reading and I hope you found this post interesting and helpful!

Peace.

1 comment: